Get new posts by email


Friday, April 22, 2022

Being an effective leader of change

City government is an electric atmosphere of helping citizens solve problems and investing throughout the community with limited budgets. Tremain Harris understands the challenges. He is using the skills from the Nazareth College Master of Science in Leadership & Organizational Change to help his city.

Tremain Harris '22G
Leadership and Organizational
Change
Tremain Harris, an operations associate for Recreation & Human Services at the City of Rochester. He is busy focusing city youth on sports and other constructive activities.

“The LOC program has strengthened my knowledge on being an effective leader of change.”

City government can be disruptive as voters decide new leaders. New employees arrive with the new administration and are often perplexed by the city culture.

“In class I learned about a cultural assessment. Not only did I apply it to my position, but I asked several staff and youth take the same assessment. It improved our empathy with each other.”

Tremain shared the assessment outcomes with his department commissioner. “As a result, the commissioner used some of my recommendations for onboarding new employees and team-building activities. Morale lifted as we created awareness of the current and future state of the department culture.”

“Ultimately, the graduate Leadership & Organizational Change helped me professionally and personally through sharing my knowledge and making effective changes in my community.”

Tremain found something common with the new mayor of the City of Rochester. Malik Evans is a graduate with a master’s degree from Nazareth College.

No comments:

Post a Comment