Get new posts by email


Thursday, April 11, 2019

SBL Student Spotlight: Introducing Cody Antonini

An interview with Cody Antonini 
Accounting and Finance, '20




What made you decide to come to Nazareth College, and especially the business school?

In my pursuit to play high-caliber college hockey, I was able to live and play in Rochester for a year before coming to Nazareth. After visits to multiple schools, I chose to come to Nazareth because of our hockey program and the growing business program. Through our coaching staff, led by George Roll, our team camaraderie and culture is second to none. We are also established as one of the leaders academically on campus, which was a major factor in my decision. The kicker, however, was the business school and all that it had to offer. From small class sizes, to professors who are willing to give their time outside of the classroom, our business school gives students the opportunity to learn in a setting that establishes peak academics while focusing on leadership and growth in life beyond academia.  This combination of culture and leadership beyond academics drove my decision to come to Nazareth, and it has by far been one of the best decisions I have made.

What has been your experience during your time at Nazareth - any special highlights or wishes? What’s so special about Nazareth?  

At Nazareth, you are the controller of your own destiny. If you want to start a club of your own, they will help you do so. If you want to get an internship as a sophomore when everyone says they are looking for upperclassmen, Nazareth is there to help. If you want to grow your knowledge in an area of study that is not your major, your advisor will help you do so. Whatever it is that you want to do, Nazareth is open and willing to help you achieve that goal. I think this is what makes Nazareth so special. As students, we are given the opportunity to make our own experiences and accomplish goals that are out of the norm.

Any advice you want to give to freshmen or incoming students?

The biggest piece of advice I could give to freshmen or incoming students is based on a quote that has been passed down to me through three generations. The quote reads, “It is your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude.” This means that you are not bound to your natural ability. If you can set your mind to a goal and persevere through any difficulties that goal entails, the possibilities are yours for the taking. No one and nothing in this world, whether in academia, in the workplace, or in life can limit your altitude if you keep a positive attitude and remain steadfast.

What are your career aspirations? 

At this point in time, my aspiration is to become a Certified Public Accountant.  In time, I would like to develop my career into something that will benefit my community. I do not know what that benefit is yet, but as I continue to learn and grow throughout my career I hope to help make a difference in one way or another.

Tell us more about you outside classroom activities.

Outside of the classroom I am a member of our NCAA Division III Ice Hockey team. I am also the Co-Vice President of our Golden Flyer Investment Fund Club and a peer tutor for Principles of Accounting.  I was also a member of the team that presented a stock pitch at the Student Managed Investment Fund Consortium.


Cody Antonini plays ice hockey for Nazareth.
Any hobbies?  What do you like to do for fun?

Outside of playing hockey, I like to play golf, that is if you consider slicing the ball every other shot golfing. I also like to fish and go hiking even though there is not much hiking in Western Michigan, where I was born and raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment